Monday, August 9, 2010

Obsessive? Me too!

Hello all.

I just wanted to tell you about this kid, Jaylen Arnold, who is a great inspiration.  Jaylen also has TS and is on a mission to stop bullying.  Check him out!  http://www.jaylenschallenge.com

 Okay, so the point for this blog is to give you some insight on my daily life.

Let's pretend we're in... school... yes, sorry.  Monday morning of last April:
5:50 Wake up
6:15 Get on the bus with a bus driver that hates me
6:15-7:22 pick up lots of people while sitting alone trying not to be loud or tic.
7:25 arrive at school and walk towards the band room at DHS to meet my friends.
       -Massive tic explosion!
*Oh yeah, did I mention you can hold in tics but they come out worse soon after.  Kind of like a sneeze.*
7:40 school starts with me sitting in the back of Mrs. Shaffer's class, again suppressing tics and looking like a zombie.
          -Attempts to survive and leaves the class a lot (I am allowed to leave the classroom and tic when I need to).
Continues all day long...
4th hour, math.  I feel like an idiot as I try to do complex math that everyone considers easy.
5th hour, Math/Science lab with Mrs. Bauer.  Spends the whole time doing math homework and studying only to do poorly on tests and quizzes.
To sum it up: I live in shame, embarrassment, isolation, and feeling like a worthless moron.
And it's only Monday...

That was Freshmen and Sophomore year... Not Junior Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment